Library Program Mission: To ensure that students are effective users and producers of ideas and information.
The Library Staff
Teacher Librarian - Mrs. Jones
Library Instructional Assistant: Mrs. Cashon-Smith (Mrs. K), Misty Lujan, Wendy Conover, & Katherine Dennis
Summer Reading Information
Redmond Elementary students have a lot of choices to keep busy with books this summer! The Sway below has informatrion about all the different options from School, KCLS Summer Reading and next year’s Battle of the Books reading lists!
Redmond Elementary Summer Reading Postcard Program:
Link to printable postcard (postcards can also be found at the front of the school building and will be restocked weekly)
King County Library Summer Reading Program http://kcls.org/summer
Getting a jump start on Battle of the Books titles for 2020-21 | Elementary reading list | Middle School reading list
- LWSD Research Databases This has great resources for many types of research. Check it out.
- How to Access LWSD Research Databases (must log into Office 365 to view)
- Programs & Events Information about specialist programs and school sponsored events
- October: Fall Scholastic Book Fair
- January: Used Book Fair
- February: Battle of the Books for 4th and 5th grades
- April: Voting for Washington Children's Choice Picture Book Award titles (WCCPBA)
- Library Events -
- Battle of the Books - A voluntary reading competition for 4th and 5th graders where teams of 2-4 students read 12 novels and answer comprehension questions in a gameshow format at lunch recess. Competitions occur in the Spring.
- Washington Children's Choice Book Awards
- Library Classes--Help your student bring back Library books on time Check out what day each class comes to Library so you can bring back your books on time and check out again!
- Accelerated Reader (AR) At School Thanks to funding from the PTSA you now have access to over 150,000 tests online.
- AR Bookfinder Find whether there is a test for a book you want to read or create a list of books you can take to the Library or a bookstore.
- Accelerated Reader (AR) At Home You CANNOT takes tests at home but you (or your parents) CAN check to see if there is a test for a book or check on your AR goal.
- Dreambox Learning
- RAZ Kids
- KCLS Partnership