Library Program Mission: To ensure that students are effective users and producers of ideas and information.
The Library Staff
Teacher Librarian - Mrs. Jones
Library Instructional Assistant: Mrs. Cashon-Smith (Mrs. K), Misty Lujan, Wendy Conover, & Katherine Dennis
- LWSD Research Databases This has great resources for many types of research. Check it out.
- How to Access LWSD Research Databases (must log into Office 365 to view)
- Programs & Events Information about specialist programs and school sponsored events.
- Library Events -
- Battle of the Books - A voluntary reading competition for 4th and 5th graders where teams of 2-4 students read 12 novels and answer comprehension questions in a gameshow format at lunch recess. Competitions occur in the Spring.
- Washington Children's Choice Book Awards
- Library Classes--Help your student bring back Library books on time Check out what day each class comes to Library so you can bring back your books on time and check out again!
- Accelerated Reader (AR) At School Thanks to funding from the PTSA you now have access to over 150,000 tests online.
- AR Bookfinder Find whether there is a test for a book you want to read or create a list of books you can take to the Library or a bookstore.
- Accelerated Reader (AR) At Home You CANNOT takes tests at home but you (or your parents) CAN check to see if there is a test for a book or check on your AR goal.
- Dreambox Learning
- RAZ Kids
- KCLS Partnership